Monday, September 10, 2012

Quitting Sugar - Day 4

I think we are now heading into withdrawal mode. I feel like I am on edge a lot, especially in the afternoons when I would usually look to chocolate or lollies. I am trying not to take it out on the kids but they did get a lot of Cranky Mummy yesterday.

My breakfast at the moment. Home made sugar-free toasted muesli, natural yoghurt, full cream milk and berries.

The worrying thing is that I think Miss Berry (who is almost 5) is going through something similar. All yesterday and today she kept asking for food that had a lot of sugar in it. And not necessarily obvious junk food either. There was of course the requests for honey sandwiches and a glass of apple juice, but she also wanted spring rolls with the Thai dipping sauce (the sauce is super sweet). She has never asked for spring rolls before.

I must admit I feel like the worst mother in the world. My 4-year-old is craving sugar! This has reinforced our belief in quitting sugar being the best thing for our family.

My plan this afternoon is to work on some housework as well as sorting through the kids winter clothes and packing up the ones that are too small or too warm now the weather is warmer. I think keeping busy (and moving) is going to be a good distraction as I often snack on sugar in the afternoons because of boredom.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...