Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Quitting Sugar - Day 5

Over the past 24 hours I have been feeling really agitated. I'm finding it hard to focus or concentrate. Is that from sugar withdrawal or is that just me? Who knows.

I guess that's it though isn't it. Side effects from withdrawal can be subtle and I'm not really sure if I'm feeling these things or if I just think I am. It's also possible that they're not side effects and just a by product of being pregnant and running around after a toddler and young child and not getting nearly enough sleep because of said toddler and child.

I went to the supermarket today and accidentally walked through the chocolate isle (yes, it was an accident. It was a store I haven't been to before). That was hard but I didn't give in and once I had decided to not buy any it did become easier to continue and go past other sugary foods.

Mr Berry and myself have also been a lot thirstier than usual. We're drinking a lot more water but it has been warmer lately. Once again we could just be seeing things when really it's nothing.

2 comments:

  1. All the best with your new journey, You will be so happy to have made this decision for your family, especially while you have young children and you are responsible for what they eat. I made this same decision for my family at the start of the year, and we have done a pretty good job. We eat a lot less sugar, but occasionally it creeps back in. But I know that overall we are all eating so much better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your encouragement. It does feel good knowing I am making my family healthier.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...